Top Selling on Amazon ***Nature Made Burp-less Fish Oil, 1000 Mg, 300 mg Omega-3, 150 Liquid Softgels***
A study of 13 over-the-counter children’s fish oil supplements found that all were contaminated with PCB pollutants.
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at and get a free recipe from his new HOW NOT TO DIE COOKBOOK. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from the sales of his books, DVDs, and speaking engagements go to support the 501c3 nonprofit that runs NutritionFacts.org.)
It’s bad enough when supplement manufacturers exploit adults when they’re sick and vulnerable with pills that are often useless or worse, but taking advantage of our parental drive to do what’s best for our children with contaminated products that may make them sick, makes me sick.
More on supplements in:
• Some Dietary Supplements May Be More Than a Waste of Money ( )
• Should We Take a Multivitamin? ( )
• Dietary Supplement Snake Oil ( )
And speaking of which, Is Fish Oil Just Snake Oil? ( )
What about omega 3’s for our child’s growing brain? See my video Mercury vs. Omega-3s for Brain Development ( )
We can also be exposed to PCBs in food. See Food Sources of PCB Chemical Pollutants ( ).
More on the polluted aquatic food chain in:
• Fish and Diabetes ( )
• Diabetes and Dioxins ( )
• Pollutants in Salmon and Our Own Fat ( )
• Dioxins in U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish ( )
What can we do to lower the risk of childhood asthma and other allergic-type diseases? See:
• Preventing Asthma With Fruits and Vegetables ( )
• Treating Asthma With Fruits and Vegetables ( )
• Treating Asthma With Plants vs. Supplements? ( )
• Treating Asthma and Eczema with Plant-based Diets ( )
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and he'll try to answer it!